Without FileMaker Server running automated backups, single users must be sure to manually backup their Streamtime database files.
As a single user your database will be stored locally on your machine in a folder of your choice.
Streamtime strongly recommends that at the very least a daily backup is taken to avoid data loss in the event of any issues.
Your Streamtime database is made up of 2 files, Streamtime.fmp12 and Printforms.fmp12. Steps to backup your Streamtime system:
- Ensure Streamtime is closed.
- Highlight the folder your Streamtime database files are located in.
- Right - click and 'Compress' (MAC), 'Send To > Compressed File' (WIN).
- Your machine will create a .zip folder which acts as your backup.
- Saving a copy of this .zip file to a USB, CD, DVD or external HD is recommended.
Restore your database from backup
To restore from a backup:
- Delete the folder with the corrupt database files
- Double click the .zip backup folder
- Use the unzipped folder which should have both Streamtime.fmp12 and Printforms.fmp12 files present