Sometimes you may need to update an existing company name in Streamtime. This function allows the company Contact name to be changed, and any unlocked Correspondence, Quotes, Jobs and Invoices updated with the new details.
Find the Contact to Rename
1. Find the Company Contact you wish to rename.
2. Choose the Detail View and Click the 'Edit' icon next to the Company name.
3. In the Window that appears, enter the New Name and click 'Change'.
Note: Prior to renaming, you may wish in unlock any Quotes, Jobs and Invoices that need updating.
Update any UNLOCKED Correspondence, Quotes, Jobs and Invoices.
4. Streamtime then asks if you want to change any UNLOCKED Correspondence, Quotes, Jobs and Invoices to the new name.
5. Click 'Change'. This may process may take several minutes, depending on the number of records to be updated.
6. If you Click 'Cancel', the old company name will remain on all Correspondence, Quotes, Jobs and Invoices.
Note: Company names of suppliers on any Purchase Orders will remain unchanged, and will need to be updated individually if necessary.
Remember, many Accounting packages like MYOB use the Company Name from Streamtime for invoice entries, so be careful using this feature.