The FMBooks Connector Plugin is a third party plugin that allows Streamtime to integrate with Quickbooks. This document steps you through installing the plugin.
The integration allows invoices to be pushed from Streamtime to Quickbooks. Purchase orders cannot be pushed across.
The FMBooks Plugin must be installed ON THE MACHINE THAT HAS QUICKBOOKS AND STREAMTIME already installed on it.
A LICENSE ID is required. If you have not already received this, please email the Streamtime accounts department with your company details, Quickbooks version and operating system details to request one. Please Note: these ID's are only available by request and are not part of a standard Streamtime installation. Licenses can take up to 48hrs to issue so please plan in advance.
Installing the Plug-in
1. Quit FileMaker Pro completely
2. Unzip the FMBooksConnector.zip file received from our accounts team and locate the plug-in in a folder called “Plug-in”. On Windows the plug-in will have a “.fmx” extension.
3. Copy the actual plug-in and paste it to the 'Extensions' folder inside the FileMaker program folder. On Windows this is normally located here: C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker X\Extensions.
4. Start FileMaker. Confirm that the plug-in has been successfully installed by navigating to “Preferences” in FileMaker Pro, then click the “Plug-ins” Tab. There you should see the plug-in listed with a corresponding check box. This indicates that you have successfully installed the plug-in.
The next step is to register the plug-in which enables all plug-in functions.
5. Confirm that you have access to the internet and open the FileMaker demo file, which can be found the in “FileMaker Demo File” folder in your original download.
6. Enter your license number provided by our accounts team in the “LicenseID” field and click the “Register the Plug-in” button. A '0' should be displayed in the 'Registration result' field. Your plug-in should now be running in “LIVE” mode.
Congratulations! You have now successfully installed and registered the plug-in!
After you have installed and registered the plug-in we then need to install two components and establish a connection with a QuickBooks File.
1. The QBXMLRP2 file:
This installer is found in the QBXMLRP2 folder. Inside this folder you will find a file called: “QBXMLRP2Installer.exe”. Please double click this file and run the installer. This file is required for users of all versions of QuickBooks in order to ensure that all necessary components have been installed.
2. The Microsoft XML Processor:
Included in the package is a download link for all users of Windows. Name of link is: “Install MSXML processor update from Microsoft (Required Install)”
This link will direct you to install version 6 of the MSXML Processor from Microsoft. We use version 6 of the MSXML processor in the plug-in and require that you install this processor. Please save the file to your desktop and then run the file locally from your machine to ensure proper installation.
Log into Quickbooks
Run Quickbooks and log into your company file as a user with admin rights.
With Quickbooks still running in the background, open the FileMaker demo file used earlier (found the in “FileMaker Demo File” folder in your original download) scroll to step 2.
Select the 'Test button. This will test the connection between FileMaker and your Quickbooks file and ask you to confirm the below certificate.
Establish Initial Quickbooks Connection
After selecting the 'Test' button, Quickbooks will show a certificate asking you to confirm that communication is allowed into your Quickbooks company file.
We recommend the selecting the options as shown above. These settings can also be changed later in QuickBooks under the Edit, Preferences, Integrated Applications Area in QuickBooks.
You will then be asked to confirm your settings. Select 'Done'.
A '0' displayed in the 'Result' field indicates a successfull communication between FileMaker and Quickbooks.
Next step is to test exporting an invoice out of Streamtime into Quickbooks.